Garbled data in keyservers

Wiktor Kwapisiewicz wiktor at metacode.biz
Thu Dec 6 10:39:24 CET 2018

On 06.12.2018 10:24, Stefan Claas wrote:
> As long as we have the option to add additional UID's  to a key my
> thinking was, after reading the links from Yegor, that one appends
> arbitrary data to a key and provides a link, at some other place, to
> that key, in the form of URL://keyserver/keyid_or_fp.
>
> People then would only need a little program to dearmor and
> extract the data from that key UID's.

But that "little program" would have to download the entire dump and provide
search feature itself, making it non-trivial for most users.

Sometimes raising a bar a little would solve most of the problem.

(And then there are talks about removing UIDs from key servers, but that's a
different matter).

Kind regards,

Wiktor

--