a minimal version of PGP/GPG for the Win32/64 bits for command line

Ángel angel at pgp.16bits.net
Fri Dec 7 17:05:43 CET 2018

On 2018-12-07 at 13:04 +0100, Jan Kamracki wrote:
> Hello!
>

> I need a GPG/PGP version running from the command line for Win32/64
> bits.
> Something like PGP5i.
> I wanted to generate a pair of keys and send someone a gpg.exe/pgp.exe
> + public key, so that he could encrypt a file without any installation
> PGP/GPG and send it to me.
> What do you propose?

Point them to https://www.gpg4win.org/

I think you could extract the command line binaries and run them as
portable apps, but actually, I think it would be easier for them to run
the installer and have a nice GUI app rather than a cli app.
Not to mention that, if you expected to send them gpg.exe by email so
that they could reply with an encrypted mail, (a) you are setting a very
bad precedent expecting them to run an arbitrary executable they
received from an untrusted medium and (b) the mail server would most
likely block your message anyway.

Best regards