Garbled data in keyservers

justina colmena justina at colmena.biz
Sun Dec 9 23:42:32 CET 2018

On December 9, 2018 11:17:34 AM AKST, Stefan Claas <stefan.claas at posteo.de> wrote:
>On Sun, 9 Dec 2018 21:11:12 +0100, Juergen Bruckner wrote:
>> Am 09.12.18 um 18:24 schrieb Dirk Gottschalk via Gnupg-users:
>> > And further, why should anyone run something like a ca CA for free.
>> > Sure, CAcert does it. But that's the onlöy organisation I know who
>> > does this.
>>
>> Also WPIA [1] plans to do this and started a audit process for their
>> CA.
>>
>> regards
>> Juergen
>>
>> [1] https://wpia.club
>
>Very cool Juergen!
>
>Regards
>Stefan
>
>--
>https://www.behance.net/futagoza
>https://keybase.io/stefan_claas

What was that German company, StartSSL or something, that offered free certs for a while, big on S/MIME, (almost deprecated PGP/GPG,) and personal client certificates on the browser, that sort of thing?

Then there was a big kerfuffle because the Chinese allegedly bought them out.

Then EFF / certbot / letsencrypt started offering them. It's a "gentleman's agreement" of sorts. One and only one CA will offer "free" certs, and they're "well-known," basically for development and not for e-commerce.

I'm rather upset with EFF at the moment, by the way. They're always pushing "adult content" like a bunch of porno addicts and they have acquired almost a Salesforce- or SAP-like CRM system in their back office, collecting lot of personal information on political dissidents and precisely the privacy-minded individuals who would rather not have such possibly derogatory information collected about them.
--
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

https://www.colmena.biz/~justina/justina.colmena.asc