Importing keys into GnuPG 2.2 series

Ángel angel at pgp.16bits.net
Fri Dec 14 00:22:02 CET 2018

On 2018-12-13 at 13:40 -0900, justina colmena via Gnupg-users wrote:
> MAIN QUESTION: Is this a pinentry-curses problem with the tty over
> ssh, or is it an actual key incompatibility issue?

Looks like a pinentry issue.
I guess you are using some non-alphanumerical characters in the
passphrase? My guess would be that they are getting "lost".
I would start questioning the encoding of your input on that terminal,
but as you mention that you are using pinentry-curses over ssh, can you
even type the through ssh? I have seen ssh connections where characters
like á got dropped when some package/env variable wasn't set in the
remote server.

Best regards