Private Keys on Card Not Loaded

Dirk Gottschalk dirk.gottschalk1980 at googlemail.com
Sat Dec 15 00:12:09 CET 2018

Hi.

Am Freitag, den 14.12.2018, 13:26 +0200 schrieb Robert Gabriel:
> Hi,
>
> I have created a master key along with a subkey for authenticating
> and a subkey for signing.
>
> I copied the subkeys to my smartcard (Nitrokey Pro 2) using gpg2 --
> edit-key 93DA8C1D and did not enter save thereafter, but deleted them
> manually using gpg2 --card-edit.
>
> I deleted the master private key.
> gpg2 -K no private keys are visible.
>
> What have I missed? I read online the stubs are generated
> automatically with the above command.

Did you import the public keys? Are they in the key-Ring? If not, than
you should do it, or the keys won't be recocnized.

Regards,
Dirk

--
Dirk Gottschalk
Paulusstrasse 6-8

GPG: DDCB AF8E 0132 AA54 20AB  B864 4081 0B18 1ED8 E838
Keybase.io: https://keybase.io/dgottschalk
GitHub: https://github.com/Dirk1980ac