A question about WKD

Stefan Claas stefan.claas at posteo.de
Thu Dec 27 23:43:34 CET 2018

On Thu, 27 Dec 2018 20:48:09 +0100, Wiktor Kwapisiewicz wrote:

> It works "on my end" too (GnuPG 2.2.12 on Linux).

That is good to know!

> Did you try fetching some "well-known" WKD people? E.g.:
>
> $ gpg --auto-key-locate clear,wkd,nodefault --locate-key wk at gnupg.org

No, i did not.

> There is also "--debug lookup" flag, and "-vvv":
>
> $ gpg -vvv --debug lookup --auto-key-locate clear,wkd,nodefault --locate-key EMAIL

Thanks for the info. Should this happen again i will try that.

> Do you have anything "exotic" in .gnupg/gpg.conf?

No, actually not.

I downloading GPGTools and extracted the binaries and no luck.

Then i build from source, which compiled fine and it worked with
old agents from MacPorts, which i still have installed. But i did
not liked that combination. So i tried to set it up that way that
it does not use the MacPorts agents, but it failed.

Finally i decided to update MacPorts and now i am using
GnuPG 2.2.10, which is the latest there.

With The MacPorts version everything works as expected.

However, it would be nice to know why GnuPG told me
that the certs are not trusted. I googled for that but could
not find anything.

Regards
Stefan