enigmail with pgp 2.2.4

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Thu Feb 22 17:13:51 CET 2018

On 22/02/18 15:21, Dmitry Gudkov wrote:
> sudo make -f build-aux/speedo.mk INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/local

That would mean that GnuPG is in /usr/local/bin/gpg

Yet:

On 22/02/18 11:04, Dmitry Gudkov wrote:
> Error - key extraction command failed
> /usr/bin/gpg2 --charset utf-8 --display-charset utf-8 --use-agent --batch
> --no-tty --status-fd 2 -a --export 0xFB417E72

So probably /usr/bin/gpg2 is the distribution-provided older version, hence your
issues.

You should probably configure all your GnuPG-using software to use
/usr/local/bin/gpg. Also, it might make sense to explicitly configure all those
tools to use a non-default GNUPGHOME. That way, should one of your tools
accidentally pick /usr/bin/gpg2, it will hopefully also pick the default
homedir, and not interfere with all your correctly-configured tools. This is
just an idea that occured to me and is completely untested. Then again, mixing
these versions with identical homedirs is tested and has failed the test, so I'm
hoping for a net improvement ;-).

HTH,

Peter.