Subkey Usage, Expire Date and Preferences problem

Yan Fiz yanfiz at gmail.com
Sun Feb 25 00:30:14 CET 2018

Hello,

When I create unattended key with cv25519 or ed25519 as subkeys, GnuPG
doesn't apply 'encrypt' usage, expire date and preferences. There is no
problem with RSA.

Regards.

(PS : My example key numbers were padded with X and Y)

$ gpg --batch --gen-key
Key-Type: ecdsa
Key-Curve: ed25519
Key-Usage: sign auth
Subkey-Type: ecdh
Subkey-Curve: cv25519
Subkey-Usage: encrypt
Passphrase:
Name-Real: Yan Fiz
Expire-Date: 1y
Preferences: twofish sha512 zlib

$ gpg --edit-key XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX showpref quit
gpg (GnuPG) 2.2.5; Copyright (C) 2018 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

gpg: key XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX: 2 bad signatures
gpg: key XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX: Warning: errors found and only checked
self-signatures, run 'check' to check all signatures.
Secret key is available.

sec  ed25519/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
     created: 2018-02-24  expires: never       usage: SCA
     trust: ultimate      validity: ultimate
ssb  cv25519/YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
     created: 2018-02-24  expires: never       usage:
[ultimate] (1). Yan Fiz

[ultimate] (1). Yan Fiz
     Cipher: 3DES
     Digest: SHA1