Fwd: gnupg SmartCard V3.3

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Feb 28 15:56:47 CET 2018

On Tue, 27 Feb 2018 01:04, kr at glsys.de said:

> gpg2 --version is 2.1.11

That is a pretty old an somewhat buggy version which will likely have
problems with newer smartcards.

> Tried gpg (GnuPG/MacGPG2) 2.2.3
> on a completely different machine (mac)

That version is recent enough and as long as macOS is properly
configured for the card it will work.  You maywant to ask over at
gpgtools.org, though.

> Tried three different card-reader:
> - Cherry GmbH SmartBoard XX44

IIRC that is the old Omnikey reader based keyboard.  I have one myself.
It does not work with 2048 bit keys unless you use their Windows driver.

> -  KOBIL EMV CAP - SecOVID Reader III

I am not sure which reader this is, I had to dump my Kobil reader a logn
time ago wehn I moved to 2048 bit keys.  The problem is slightly
different than with Omnicard keys but I can't remember the details.

> - Alcor Micro AU9540 00 00

I am not sure about them.  Quite some time ago they simply did not worked.

@gniibe: Do you have any more up to date information on macOS and
smartcard readers?

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner

--
#  Please read:  Daniel Ellsberg - The Doomsday Machine  #