Import keys from .gnupg folder

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Sun Jan 7 15:01:31 CET 2018

On 06/01/18 07:39, Michael Singh wrote:
> Is it possible to import these keys on another
> installation from this folder?

Yes, that is possible. However, you could also just copy the directory
in your new home directory. Upgrading from 2.0 to 2.2 will do the right
thing.

If you already have a .gnupg dir there, but you didn't do anything
worthwhile with GnuPG yet, you can just move that to a backup location,
and throw away the backup once you're confident everything works.

However, it is good practice to remove the file "random_seed". This file
should be specific to a single location and not shared.

HTH,

Peter.