Remove public key from keyserver

Matthias Mansfeld m.mansfeld at mansfeld-elektronik.de
Mon Jan 15 22:13:20 CET 2018

On 15 Jan 2018 at 21:23, Stefan Claas wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Jan 2018 15:00:34 -0500, Robert J. Hansen wrote:
> > > How long do we have now those old fashioned key servers
> >
> > SKS came out in 2003.  It largely replaced PKS, which was widely
> > considered old and broken.  SKS was Yaron Minsky's Ph.D thesis,
> > wherein he developed some really cutting-edge math to make key sync
> > fast and reliable.
> >
> > "Old-fashioned" is not the phrase I'd use to describe something
> > considerably newer than GnuPG.
> >
> > >, and was
> > > there ever been made attempts by the software maintainers to
> > > modernize the code
> >
> > It's from 2003.  It doesn't need modernization.
>
> No? I for one would like to be sure that i am the only person who can
> upload my public key to a key server directory.

could this be implemented in a way that the _upload_ (not the
spreading between keyservers) requires signing? (unless it is a
revocation certificate)?

> Example: Bob does some nasty things with Alice her key which she
> don't like, or better said hate. Since there is no key removal
> currently implemented how should she  deal with that?

Or it may be desirable/necessary not to disclose connections between
specific persons, User IDs etc., thus to remove critical signatures.

Regards
Matthias
--
Fingerprint: 6563 057D E6B8 9105 1CE4 18D0 4056 1F54 8B59 40EF