a step in the right direction

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Tue Jan 16 15:54:37 CET 2018

> (Oh, by the way, usually when I talk about DRM, I'm talking about giving
> somebody data but restricting the ways in which they can use that data.
> It's not clear to me how DRM applies when you want to simply not give
> data at all, to anybody. But this is not really pertinent to the
> discussion, so never mind.)

I was the one who brought up DRM.

What Stefan and Listo want is some mechanism by which, if I have a copy
of their public key, I can be prohibited from sharing that with a
keyserver.  How I get to use data in my possession is controlled by a
third party -- that's DRM.  In this case it's a voluntary, half-assed
DRM scheme, but it's still in the family of DRM schemes.