Will gpg 1.x remain supported for the foreseeable future?

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Wed Jan 17 01:26:49 CET 2018

Hey all,
I'm starting to suspect that using version 2.x of gnupg is simply not
a good idea when writing shell scripts that have to run unattended
and not touch system keychains or agents.

I worked hard to jump through hoops to use version 2 in such
an environment, but then I ran into the fact that even the latest apt
from debian does not support version 2's keybox format, so I had
to drop back to gpg version 1 anyway.

Is version 1 going to remain available, I hope?  Version 2 simply
seems a poor fit for scripting.

Thanks,
Dan