[OT] Re: failed to convert unprotected openpgp key: Checksum error

Kristian Fiskerstrand kristian.fiskerstrand at sumptuouscapital.com
Mon Jan 22 20:30:35 CET 2018

On 01/22/2018 06:31 PM, Daniele Nicolodi wrote:
> On 1/22/18 5:31 AM, Kristian Fiskerstrand wrote:
>> On 01/22/2018 08:33 AM, Werner Koch wrote:
>>> That is an acceptable user-id.  I would have used a dot as delimiter but
>>> that is a personal taste.
>>
>> Dot is a permitted part of username in POSIX though, while : is not :)
>
> Uh? As far as I know, the only characters not allowed are / and null.

http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/000095399/basedefs/xbd_chap03.html#tag_03_426

 3.426 User Name

A string that is used to identify a user; see also User Database. To be
portable across systems conforming to IEEE Std 1003.1-2001, the value is
composed of characters from the portable filename character set. The
hyphen should not be used as the first character of a portable user name.

http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/000095399/basedefs/xbd_chap03.html#tag_03_276

The set of characters from which portable filenames are constructed.

    A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
    a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
    0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 . _ -

--
Kristian Fiskerstrand