Is something not right with my ~/.gnupg/pubring.kbx

Ajax aajaxx at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 22:21:14 CEST 2018

Most gpg commands give me something like this:

$ gpg -Kv
gpg: using classic trust model
gpg: keydb_search failed: Invalid value
gpg: Oops: keyid_from_fingerprint: no pubkey
~/.gnupg/pubring.kbx

Followed by what appears to me to be normal output.

I also see:

$ kbxutil --stats ~/.gnupg/pubring.kbx
Total number of blobs:      600
               header:        1
                empty:        0
              openpgp:      599
                 x509:        0
          non flagged:      599
       secret flagged:        0
    ephemeral flagged:        0

What should I do to clear the Invalid value and no pubkey?

I only saw this problem after upgrading from gpg 1 to gpg2 and using the
given script to migrate from pubring.gpg to pubring.kbx.

These outputs seem to throw a monkey wrench into some scripts such as, for
example, with pass generate -i

This is gpg 2.1.18 atop Debian stretch and Linux  4.9.0-6-amd64,

Thank you.