Won't recognize my secret key

Phillip Susi psusi at ubuntu.com
Wed Jun 20 21:00:27 CEST 2018

On 6/19/2018 3:05 PM, Phillip Susi wrote:
> gpg keeps telling me that I have no secret key.  Even after I deleted
> the .gnupg directory and copied the pubring and secring from another
> computer where it works, this system keeps saying I have no secret keys.
>  Why does it keep throwing out my secret keys?

I have built gnupg-2.0.31 from source and found it to work.  gnupg-2.2.4
refuses to import my private keys ( but will import a newly created test
key ).  So something broke somewhere between 2.0 and 2.2, but apparently
2.1 was a development branch, and it likes to yell at you that you
shouldn't be using production keys and refuses to import any private
keys, so I can't test to see where it lost the ability to import *my*
private key.

Is there a way to turn off this damn protection so I can continue to bisect?