Upgrading 2.0.20 to 2.2.24

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Jun 21 10:06:23 CEST 2018

On Tue, 19 Jun 2018 22:31, felix at crowfix.com said:

> I tried both these steps, and neither changed anything.  Import said it
> imported, but I have a saved copy of .gnupg, and there was no difference after

Did it say that an secret key was imported?  You check your secret keys
using

   gpg -K [USERIDs]

if you add --debug=ipc you will how gpg asks gpg-agent whether a secret
key is available for a given public key.  Here the so-called keygrips
are used and not the fingerprints of the key.  In the directory
".gnupg/private-keys-v1.d" you should find files of the form
"KEYGRIP.key.  These store the private keys.  Do you have some?

To see the keygrips of a key you used

   gpg --with-keygrip -k  [USERIDs]

Youy can used --debug=ipc also with --import which then shows how gpg
sends the private keys to gpg-agent.  Does it all look fine or do you
see "ERR" lines?

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner

--
#  Please read:  Daniel Ellsberg - The Doomsday Machine  #