dirmngr cygwin resolv.conf

NIIBE Yutaka gniibe at fsij.org
Fri Jun 29 13:40:52 CEST 2018

Hello,

Sorry, my explanation was not accurate.  In the Tor-mode of dirmngr, it
uses the port 9050 at first.  And there is some code to fallback to the
port 9150.  It's like:

    libdns_switch_port_p (gpg_error_t err)
    {
      if (tor_mode && gpg_err_code (err) == GPG_ERR_ECONNREFUSED
          && libdns_tor_port == TOR_PORT)
        {
          /* Switch port and try again.  */
          if (opt_debug)
            log_debug ("dns: switching from SOCKS port %d to %d\n",
                       TOR_PORT, TOR_PORT2);
          libdns_tor_port = TOR_PORT2;
          libdns_reinit_pending = 1;
          return 1;
        }
      return 0;
    }

I suspect the error detection is not working well.  If it works,
you should see the debug message of "dns: switching from SOCKS port...".

I tested with the port 9050, my dirmngr works fine.