Use the same passphrase for PGP and SSH keys and get prompted only once by gpg-agent

Ben McGinnes ben at adversary.org
Thu Mar 1 18:27:26 CET 2018

On Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 03:02:58PM +0100, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Feb 2018 07:27, ben at adversary.org said:
>
> >> No, there is no way to configure an extra hack to also test a passphrase
> >> for an ssh key.
> >
> > Wanna bet?
>
> Oh no, I don't want to promote create solutions of our complex API ;-)

Heheh.

I have a friend who frequently used to say that if a question began
with "Would it be wrong to ..." then the answer was always "No."

I think it was about the point where I asked, "Would it be wrong to
release freshwater crocodiles just a little upstream of [local picnic
area where children feed ducks and geese] just in time for the summer
holidays?" that he gave up.

Regards,
Ben