initramfs - gpg decryption failed invalid IPC response

D mail at davidlasek.eu
Sun Mar 4 19:28:52 CET 2018

Thank you for getting back to me. I have added the options to the
decryption command.

It reports that it fails on invoking `pinentry` utility.

I attached an image with the full log if interested.

pinentry-tty binary and gpg-agent.conf files are added to the the
initram image here:

https://github.com/fogine/initramfs-scencrypt/blob/master/scencrypt-install#L22-L28

Have anything changed so that I'd need to set GPG_TTY to a specific value?

Currently I do not set the variable as I don't think I have access to
the tty at that point.

I also tried to run `pinentry-tty -d` in the hook immediately before the
gpg decryption command is executed - pinentry successfully started
listening for STDIN, and I could use `GETPIN` command which would ask
for a  PIN and dump it out. No error or debug messages were printed.

Any ideas?