smartcards and GPGME

Jacob Adams tookmund at gmail.com
Mon May 14 00:26:04 CEST 2018

Hello all,

As part of a program I'm writing this summer for GSoC, I'd like to be
able to both move gpg private keys to a smartcard and generate keys on
the smartcard from an application. While this can be done from gpg, it
doesn't look like I can do so from GPGME or any other wrappers that
exist. Have I missed something or is this simply not possible yet?

While I could wrap this functionality of gpg, I'd really prefer not to
and I'd rather not drop the user to a gpg prompt if I don't have to.

Thanks,
Jacob