smartcards and GPGME

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon May 14 08:23:08 CEST 2018

On Mon, 14 May 2018 00:26, tookmund at gmail.com said:

> the smartcard from an application. While this can be done from gpg, it
> doesn't look like I can do so from GPGME or any other wrappers that
> exist. Have I missed something or is this simply not possible yet?

GPGME allows to do that.  For example GPA has a card manager which can
manage different types of cards and for some cards it is able to create
keys.  IIRC, moving keys to the card is not yet implemented but GPGME
allows you to do implement that as well.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner

--
#  Please read:  Daniel Ellsberg - The Doomsday Machine  #