GPGME progress callback no current or total

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed May 16 14:31:12 CEST 2018

On Tue, 15 May 2018 20:45, tookmund at gmail.com said:
> PROGRESS UPDATE: what = primegen, type = 43, current = 0, total = 0
>

> Aren't current and total supposed to indicate progress? Why might they
> be zero?

Depends on the type of progress.  For prime generation we can't do any
estimation.

f you are processing files and pipe them to gpg (as gpgme does) it is
also not possible to compute a percentage.  However we have a sulution:
gpg has the option --input-size-hint which is used by
gpgme_data_set_flag()'s "size-hint".

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner

--
#  Please read:  Daniel Ellsberg - The Doomsday Machine  #