AW: AW: AW: Efail or OpenPGP is safer than S/MIME

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed May 16 18:43:27 CEST 2018

On Wed, 16 May 2018 16:24, Roman.Fiedler at ait.ac.at said:

> In my opinion it is hard to find such a "one size fits all"
> solution. Like Werner's example: disabling decryption streaming

The goal of the MDC is to assure that the message has been received
exactly as the sender set it.  Thus there is just a binary decision:
Okay or Fail.  Everything is like you have been dropped at boot time
into manual fsck mode - you can do something about it or you just
irginore things and restore the partition.

> streaming of backups (decryption&output before final validation). So
> you need something on the interface to support that non-standard
> behavior, deviate from the default.

It is already there.  If you use "--output FILE" the file is either
created or not.  Your choice.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner

--
#  Please read:  Daniel Ellsberg - The Doomsday Machine  #