Efail or OpenPGP is safer than S/MIME

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed May 16 18:48:59 CEST 2018

On Tue, 15 May 2018 11:56, andrewg at andrewg.com said:

> We should also be very careful to note that none of this discussion
> thread applies to the MIME concatenation vulnerability, which is a
> problem in Thunderbird and other mail clients, and which cannot be

While we are at that point.  Can we get a definive answer whether TB
loads external content by default, that is honors the href, erc, etc.
attributes?  Form the screenshot I have seen, it says it won't do that.
But I am not sure what is the default.

I hesitate to achieve HTML-mail expert status (see my X-message-flag
header).

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner

--
#  Please read:  Daniel Ellsberg - The Doomsday Machine  #