A postmortem on Efail

Aleksandar Lazic al-gnupg_users at none.at
Sun May 20 12:44:44 CEST 2018

Hi Robert.

On 20/05/2018 02:26, Robert J. Hansen wrote:
> Writing just for myself -- not for GnuPG and not for Enigmail and
> definitely not for my employer -- I put together a postmortem on Efail.
> You may find it worth reading.  You may also not.  Your mileage will
> probably vary.  :)
>
> https://medium.com/@cipherpunk/efail-a-postmortem-4bef2cea4c08

As a long time reader and partly gpg user I would like to thank you for
the post.

>From my point of view must be something more behind the curtain.

I do not want to create a conspiracy theory but it's wiggy that
EFF favors *NO* security ,pgp or s/mime, instead to fix the current
possibilities and promote signal.

As serveral people mentioned in the different Internet medias is signal
not a replaceable for e-mail, until the signal company does not offer a
own e-mail service.

That's just my gut instincts the future will share some lights into this
EFAIL scandal.

jm2c

Best regards
Aleks