A postmortem on Efail

Mark H. Wood mwood at iupui.edu
Mon May 21 16:17:12 CEST 2018

On Sun, May 20, 2018 at 07:23:17AM +0000, Dmitry Gudkov wrote:
> I want to get involved and give a damn!

[applause]

> Break backwards compatibility already: it’s time. Ignore the haters. I
> trust you.

(I understand that that's a quote of a discussion-opener from the write-up.)

I'd like to first see how many haters can be won over by selling the
necessary changes.

By "selling" I mean addressing the concerns of those who aren't
convinced that they want something:

o  Why this is important *to you*, even though its importance was not
   immediately obvious.

o  What we have done, and are doing, to keep *your* cost down.

o  What else would we need to do, to make this something *you* want?

--
Mark H. Wood
Lead Technology Analyst

University Library