Slightly OT - i need the proper wording for a signed document

Stefan Claas stefan.claas at posteo.de
Fri Nov 2 10:53:06 CET 2018

On Thu, 1 Nov 2018 23:50:48 +0100, Stefan Claas wrote:

Hi veedal,

> > A simple, but slightly tedious workaround, would be to  GnuPG Armor
> > Sign the .pdf
> >
> > The elDAS signature will still work, but the Armored Signed message
> > is much harder to alter, and such alteration is detectable as
> > malicious rather than a 'mistake.
>
> Thank you very much for this valuable information, much appreciated!
>
> It is now a bit late, but i will try this out tomorrow.

O.k. i played a bit with it, but as you said "slightly tedious
workaround"... I will use another method, which does not allow an attack
imho.

I did this in the past with detached signatures, when i posted files,
and it should be used more widely, imho!

Simply one can use a time stamping service, based on blockchain
technology. I can then time stamp the .pdf. and put also a
statement in the .pdf that the file is timestamped and don't must
worry in the future if one MITM would try (and why?) to alter my
documents.

https://opentimestamps.org

Regards
Stefan