GPG on Android

Wiktor Kwapisiewicz wiktor at metacode.biz
Mon Nov 5 08:59:05 CET 2018

On 04.11.2018 22:55, Roland wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I share the wish for encrypted email on Android, but I am afraid of
> storing a secret key on my android phone. (theft, hacking, loss, etc)
>
> How do you feel about that?
>
> Could a pincard be connected via micro USB? And made to work?

Yes, it works with OpenKeychain. I've personally used Yubikey 4 with
USB-A to USB-C adapter, with USB-A to micro USB adapter, Yubikey 4C and
a Fidesmo card but much more types of tokens are supported [0].

There is an added benefit that the same exact token can be used with
GnuPG and OpenKeychain seamlessly.

Kind regards,
Wiktor

[0]: https://github.com/open-keychain/open-keychain/wiki/Security-Tokens