Update FAQ about revocation certificates?

Stefan Claas stefan.claas at posteo.de
Thu Nov 8 18:34:03 CET 2018

On Thu, 8 Nov 2018 15:21:58 +0000, Damien Goutte-Gattat via Gnupg-users
wrote:
> Hi GnuPG folks,
>
> The current version of the FAQ recommends creating a revocation
> certificate at several places.
>

> § 7.17
>
>   "We recommend you create a revocation certificate immediately
>    after generating a new GnuPG certificate."
>

> § 8.5
>
>   "What should I do after making my certificate?
>    Generate a revocation certificate"
>

> § 10
>
>   "What are some common best practices?
>    [...] Generate a revocation certificate"

O.k. i have an example, which happened a while
ago to me... [stupid me]

I forgot the passphrase of my key but had a revocation
certificate stored in a save place. I renovated my
apartment and accidentally threw away the box
in which the revocation cert was stored... :-(

How would you procede now?

Regards
Stefan

--