Newer gnupg doesn't ask for key size on generate?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Nov 29 18:17:21 CET 2018

Hello!

On Thu, 29 Nov 2018 02:06, smckown at titaniummirror.com said:
> Today we set up a new Yubikey from a Windows 7 system running GnuPG
> 2.2.10.  Its generate command did not ask us for key size, and the

With version 2.2.6 we had to introduce a new command to be more flexible
with chnaging attributes of the card like the size of the key or the ECC
curve to use.  Thus before you generate a key you need to use

  key-attr

to change the size of the key.

> I see that the admin docs do not show the generate command asking key
> size: https://www.gnupg.org/howtos/card-howto/en/ch03s03.html#id2521952.

Unfortunately the docs are heavily outdated :-(

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner