AW: How to fix "ERROR key_generate 3355453" / "GENKEY' failed: IPC call has been cancelled"

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Sep 4 15:12:30 CEST 2018

On Tue,  4 Sep 2018 09:52, Roman.Fiedler at ait.ac.at said:

> Werner gave a good solution in another followup message. May I recommend
> updating the online docu/man page for "--verify" with something like this?

we have

  Note: Sometimes the use of the @command{gpgv} tool is easier than
  using the full-fledged @command{gpg} with this option.  @command{gpgv}
  is designed to compare signed data against a list of trusted keys and
  returns with success only for a good signature.  It has its own manual
  page.

in the docs since 2.1.18 or .19 (January 2017)

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner