AW: How to fix "ERROR key_generate 3355453" / "GENKEY' failed: IPC call has been cancelled"

Fiedler Roman Roman.Fiedler at ait.ac.at
Wed Sep 5 10:01:40 CEST 2018

> Von: Peter Lebbing [mailto:peter at digitalbrains.com]
>
> On 04/09/18 18:31, Fiedler Roman wrote:
> > /usr/bin/gpgv --status-fd 2 --homedir /proc/self/fd/nonexistent --keyring
> sign.pub /proc/self/fd/0
>
> You missed my point. You are not including a slash in the keyring
> argument, so gpgv is looking for it in the homedir.

Sorry, this is an error copying the command to the mail. In fact, the "gpgv"
call is and was always done with a long, absolute pathname I do not want to
disclose to the list. Therefore I just forgot the fact of the special pathname
behaviour immediately after reading it.

> And this works:
>
> $ gpgv --keyring ./key.gpg data.gpg
>
> > Splitting up the message gives me
> >
> > 000001-001.pk_enc
> > 000002-018.encrypted_mdc
>
> This is an encrypted message. gpgv can't do anything with it.

Then why does gpg1 verify claim to see a valid signature on the
very same file if there isn't even a signature included? I will
analyze it deeper but that will take time.