Monitoring queries to gpg-agent?

Wiktor Kwapisiewicz wiktor at metacode.biz
Wed Sep 26 13:01:57 CEST 2018

> This is reminding me of a message Werner wrote[1] last year that
> pinentry will show some context of the reason it is prompting. So this
> functionality might be in the works. I assume you are prompted by a
> pinentry to push the button?

I'm using a similar setup. Pinentry only appears when the actual PIN is
needed (once to unlock the card, and on each signature if that option is
enabled). It *does not* appear when there is a need to "push the
button", one just have to mind the flashing light of the button.

This feature is described here:

https://developers.yubico.com/PGP/Card_edit.html#_yubikey_4_touch

And it seems there is a mention of "User Interaction Flag" Data Object
in OpenPGP Card spec:

https://openpgpcard.org/resources/openpgp-card-3.3.pdf (search for "User
Interaction Flag") so in theory pinentry, or some other prompt, could be
displayed to the user.

Kind regards,
Wiktor

--