Generating revocation certificate

Markus Reichelt ml at mareichelt.com
Sat Apr 6 18:32:29 CEST 2019

* André Ockers <andre at ockers.eu> wrote:

> Op 06-04-19 om 15:04 schreef Markus Reichelt:
> > gpg -a --output andre at ockers.eu.asc.revoke --gen-revoke 7CD3FBC8F6005ED5
>
> This leads to the following:
>
> gpg: secret key "7CD3FBC8F6005ED5" not found: eof

i'm using on slackware64-current (if you are using windows, all hands
are off)

gpg --version
gpg (GnuPG) 2.2.15
libgcrypt 1.8.4

it looks to me you are lacking access to the secret key - you
need it in order to be able to create a revocation cert. but since
you are able to still sign mails (to this list, e.g.) that key must
be there still.

if you run "gpg --list-keys andre at ockers.eu" (with gpg2)

does that fingerprint show up?:

0288A46FA7FF9A9B5BF64D6B7CD3FBC8F6005ED5

anyhow, if you lost (access to) that key in question, it's too late
to create a revocation cert.  best practice is to deal with that when
deploying a new key.

HTH

--
left blank, right bald