Generating revocation certificate

Ángel angel at pgp.16bits.net
Fri Apr 12 01:32:34 CEST 2019

On 2019-04-11 at 10:24 +0200, Peter Lebbing wrote:
> Depending on how the utility calls "gpg", it might be affected by your
> alias and end up calling "gpg2".

Nope. ☺
Kindly note that it is being added as a shell alias.

The alias will only be expanded on an interactive shell¹ This causes
that every program which calls a gpg binary need to be explicitly
configured to use gpg2 instead, but it is safer.

¹ "Aliases are not expanded when the shell is not interactive, unless
the expand_aliases shell option is set using shopt" -- bash(1)
And, even if you were using a shell script that enabled expand_aliases
(I don't think I have ever come across one), .bashrc should not have
been loaded anyway.
This is in contrast of an exported function (which would replace the
command *sometimes*, depending on how gpg was called) or a
wrapper /symlink called gpg earlier in the path.

Best regards