Commands supported by extra socket

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Aug 1 17:46:39 CEST 2019

On Fri, 26 Jul 2019 15:57, gnupg-users at gnupg.org said:

> Where can I find information on what commands are supported by
> S.gpg-agent and S.gpg-agent.extra socket? I am looking for some
> information which clearly differentiates these two sockets.

Here is an overview on the allowed commands for the S.gpg-agent.extra
and S.gpg-agent.browser.  Only the commands required for perform a
signature creation or a decryption are possible via these sockets.  It is
for example not possible to list all known keys or to create a key.

| Command           | Allowed | Comment |
|-------------------+---------+---------|
| GETEVENTCOUNTER   | no      |         |
| ISTRUSTED         | yes     |         |
| HAVEKEY           | yes     |         |
| KEYINFO           | no      |         |
| SIGKEY            | yes     |         |
| SETKEY            | yes     |         |
| SETKEYDESC        | yes     |         |
| SETHASH           | yes     |         |
| PKSIGN            | yes     |         |
| PKDECRYPT         | yes     |         |
| GENKEY            | no      |         |
| READKEY           | no      |         |
| GET_PASSPHRASE    | no      |         |
| PRESET_PASSPHRASE | no      |         |
| CLEAR_PASSPHRASE  | no      |         |
| GET_CONFIRMATION  | no      |         |
| LISTTRUSTED       | no      |         |
| MARKTRUSTED       | no      |         |
| LEARN             | no      |         |
| PASSWD            | no      |         |
| SCD               | no      |         |
| KEYWRAP_KEY       | no      |         |
| IMPORT_KEY        | no      |         |
| EXPORT_KEY        | no      |         |
| DELETE_KEY        | no      |         |
| GET_SECRET        | no      |         |
| PUT_SECRET        | no      |         |
| GETVAL            | no      |         |
| PUTVAL            | no      |         |
| UPDATESTARTUPTTY  | no      |         |
| KILLAGENT         | no      |         |
| RELOADAGENT       | no      |         |
| KEYTOCARD         | no      |         |
| GETINFO           | no      | see 1   |
| OPTION            | no      | see 2   |

1) except for the sub-commands:
   "version", "cmd_has_option", "s2k_count", "restricted".
2) except for the option:
   "agent-awareness"

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner