PGP Key Poisoner

Stefan Claas sac at 300baud.de
Mon Aug 12 21:13:48 CEST 2019

Peter Lebbing wrote:

> On 12/08/2019 18:39, Stefan Claas via Gnupg-users wrote:
> > Why was is then not fixed a decade ago, like it was done with 2.2.17?
>
> There is no fix for the SKS keyserver network, which explains why it
> wasn't fixed in 2.2.17 either. In fact, fixes have been deployed over
> the last several years. DANE, WKD, Autocrypt, work on
> keys.openpgp.org...
>
> I thought this (there is no fix) was pretty solidly established by now
> on this mailing list and elsewhere?
>
> Peter.

Yes, but still I don't understand the attitude of the SKS operators.

People know there that there are issues for a decade with the software running
on their servers and they don't understand the codebase to fix issues.

And when things later happen, like recently, they still run their servers.

I wonder why those SKS key servers are so important to be still in service as
of today since we have WKD, Hagrid, keybase, Mailvelope Key Server and Facebook?

Regards
Stefan

--
box: 4a64758de9e8ceded2c481ee526440687fe2f3a828e3a813f87753ad30847b56
GPG: C93E252DFB3B4DB7EAEB846AD8D464B35E12AB77 (avail. on Hagrid, WKD)