Difficulty of fixing reconciliation

Vincent Breitmoser look at my.amazin.horse
Wed Aug 14 12:29:59 CEST 2019

> The algorithm is designed to withstand very well funded actors,
> oppressive regimes were what the designers were thinking of.

We are talking about a sand castle here that was kicked down by a kid. It's
a bit bizarre to claim that it was built to withstand rockets.

Given that the recon algorithm was designed as a PhD thesis, it seems like
a safe bet that it was designed to solve the academic problem of set
reconciliation between distributed systems with optimal message complexity.
Funny story how it ended up becoming infrastructure for a security ecosystem.

 - V