"There's always light..........."

David david at gbenet.com
Fri Aug 16 14:30:44 CEST 2019

On 16/08/2019 11:53, Wiktor Kwapisiewicz via Gnupg-users wrote:
> On 16.08.2019 11:38, john doe wrote:
>> A better comment would be the URL where to download your public key.
>
> Even better would be using "--sig-keyserver-url" to embed the URL in an
> appropriate packet.
>
> Details here:
> https://www.gnupg.org/documentation/manuals/gnupg/GPG-Esoteric-Options.html
>
> Note that unless "honor-keyserver-url" is set in the config explicitly
> this is not used by default by GnuPG (see comments about
> "auto-key-retrieve" here:
> https://www.gnupg.org/documentation/manuals/gnupg/GPG-Configuration-Options.html
> ).
>
> And, if the key is available via WKD using "--sender $EMAIL" as GnuPG
> can fetch the missing key over WKD (using only --auto-key-retrieve).
>
> Kind regards,
> Wiktor

Thank you Wiktor,

There's no examples how to use the --comment command - I've tried
various options - aall confuse gpg/gpg2 :)

All I want to do is add a comment in site-admin "The captain's (B)log"
open and closed brackets (B)Log confuse gpg/2 even more.

Being a bit "eccentric" david at gbenet.com "One Flew Over the Cookoo's
Nest" would be good :)

Would the --comment command add it to the private and public key??

There's very little info on the usage of the command or what it actually
does.

Regards

David

--
People Should Not Be Afraid Of Their Government - Their Government
Should Be Afraid Of The People - When Injustice Becomes Law, REBELLION