Slightly OT - mobile OpenPGP usage

Stefan Claas sac at 300baud.de
Tue Aug 27 18:01:13 CEST 2019

Stefan Claas via Gnupg-users wrote:

> Due to some tests I found Mailvelope an OpenPGP extension for
> Firefox and Chrome and installed it on my Kanguru Defender 3000
> USB stick. Besides the new Mailvelope keyserver I added also Hagrid.
> Key management is quite comfortable and messages sending is also
> very easy. A lot of free mail providers support Mailvelope.
>
> This set-up allows me to use OpenPGP not only in an Internet Café etc.
> but also at work where I can't install a MUA like Thunderbird or even
> install GnuPG.

I have also a question for the experts regarding keyloggers in public places.

Would you consider these both methods secure enough for entering passphrases in
Mailvelope, like outlined in article [1] while using Oxynger KeyShield [2]?

[1]
<http://www.missionarygeek.com/2014/02/keyloggers-safely-entering-passwords-using-a-public-computer/>

[2]
<https://www.raymond.cc/blog/how-to-beat-keyloggers-to-protect-your-identity/>

Regards
Stefan

--
box: 4a64758de9e8ceded2c481ee526440687fe2f3a828e3a813f87753ad30847b56
  certified OpenPGP key blocks available on keybase.io/stefan_claas