Slightly OT - mobile OpenPGP usage

Andrew Gallagher andrewg at andrewg.com
Sat Aug 31 13:44:09 CEST 2019

> On 31 Aug 2019, at 11:45, Stefan Claas via Gnupg-users <gnupg-users at gnupg.org> wrote:
>
> Can you please tell me what web mailer you have installed in
> order to run Mailvelope on an own domain?

I recently migrated from squirrelmail to roundcube on my own domain and I would recommend it. Mailvelope will support any roundcube installation if you add the appropriate domain to its whitelist.

I have found though that while Mailvelope works well with manually imported or generated private keys, its integration with gnupg for e.g. smart card support is very sketchy due to lack of gpgme-json packaging in the major distributions. DKG has been trying to push it in debian but afaict there isn’t a package available yet.