[gmx+gmail] (was: gmail smime, sends two messages one is not encrypted. Experience?)

Uwe Brauer oub at mat.ucm.es
Thu Dec 5 23:43:01 CET 2019

>>> "UBvG" == Uwe Brauer via Gnupg-users <gnupg-users at gnupg.org> writes:

>>> "UBvG" == Uwe Brauer via Gnupg-users <gnupg-users at gnupg.org> writes:
   >> Hi

   >> It seems to me a complete security breach.

   > I repeated the test with other gmail accounts, with emacs or
   > thunderbird, always I receive messages which are on signed but not
   > encrypted although I did enable both options. I am deeply worried.

   > Anybody with the same experience, or somebody who wants to run an
   > experiment with me.

I extended my experiment: I sent message between a gmx and a gmail
account, then everything was ok, encrypted was encrypted. Signed was
signed, even for seamonkey/thunderbird, so the culprit are not the MTA,
but it seems that gmail does something strange.

I'd love to get some confirmation about this from somebody else.

Uwe Brauer