gpg-agent relocation error

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Dec 12 10:45:13 CET 2019

On Wed, 11 Dec 2019 23:24, Johan Wevers said:

>> libassuan.so.0 is linked to libassuan.so.0.8.3.
>
> That's quite an ancient version, current version is 2.5.3. My first

Nope.  Assuming this is a standard Linux distor, this is the lates
versions.  The name of the libary includes the *SO version* which is
another name for the ABI.  The 2.5.3 is the software version - software
verion and SO version are different.

The problem here is that GnuPg was build using a newer Libassuan version
but the runtime linker picks up an older version.  Set LD_LIBARY_PATH
and things will be good.  Or put /usr/local/lib into your ld.so.conf so
that they are picked up.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner