gpg > addphoto

Stefan Claas sac at 300baud.de
Fri Jan 11 23:49:02 CET 2019

On Wed, 9 Jan 2019 18:06:52 +0100, Stefan Claas wrote:

> O.k. i did a quick check on github for proper tools and found this
> very interesting tool, written in Golang.
>
> https://github.com/umahmood/steg

Just had the time to test this very nice little tool with GnuPG.

I prepared an image 800x571 pixels 72dpi and embedded an mp3
message, created with the macOS say command.

Everything works as expected. One only needs to use then:

gpg --list-keys --list-options show-photo 359A1872F120F7E7

so that preview from macOS displays the image for saving (with
standard settings).

Very nice and easy workflow and the resulting key is only 61KB in size.

If someone like to look at the key:

https://pgp.circl.lu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x359A1872F120F7E7

Regards
Stefan