showphoto

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Sat Jan 19 17:09:12 CET 2019

Windows 10 Pro version 1809
gpg (GnuPG) 2.2.11
libgcrypt 1.8.4

I am not sure if this is an error on my part of if something else is
wrong. I added a photo to one of my keys. That seemed to work fine.
When i view the key, the image is listed as uid 3, which seems correct.

The screen looks like this:

gpg --edit-key gerard at seibercom.net
gpg (GnuPG) 2.2.11; Copyright (C) 2018 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

Secret key is available.

sec  rsa2048/3873063887DEC564
     created: 2019-01-19  expires: never       usage: SCA
     trust: ultimate      validity: ultimate
ssb  rsa2048/881E39D62E6489CA
     created: 2019-01-19  expires: never       usage: E
[ultimate] (1). Gerard E. Seibert <gerard at seibercom.net>
[ultimate] (2)  Gerard E. Seibert <jerry at seibercom.net>
[ultimate] (3)  [jpeg image of size 88074]

gpg> uid 3

sec  rsa2048/3873063887DEC564
     created: 2019-01-19  expires: never       usage: SCA
     trust: ultimate      validity: ultimate
ssb  rsa2048/881E39D62E6489CA
     created: 2019-01-19  expires: never       usage: E
[ultimate] (1). Gerard E. Seibert <gerard at seibercom.net>
[ultimate] (2)  Gerard E. Seibert <jerry at seibercom.net>
[ultimate] (3)* [jpeg image of size 88074]

gpg> showphoto
Displaying jpeg photo ID of size 88074 for key 3873063887DEC564 (uid 3)

After a few seconds, an error message pops up on the screen.

C:\Users\Gerard\AppData\Local\Temp\gpg-62cno9\87DEC564.jpg contains an
invalid path.

I have tried several times with each uid and it always issues an error
message.

I was only experimenting with the idea of adding a photo, but I would
still like to know why it is apparently not working correctly.

--
Jerry