OpenPGP on paper (was: Where can I find some papers to read on mail (and envelope) security?)

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Wed Jan 30 21:23:56 CET 2019

(Changed the subject because we went off-topic on an off-topic thread
and in doing so went back on-topic for the mailing list! :-)

On 30/01/2019 20:44, Stefan Claas wrote:
> But which one ... ;-) I may check this again with a friend.

Well there are the classical options:
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OCR-A>
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OCR-B>

Debian provides free fonts like that as packages fonts-ocr-a and
fonts-ocr-b, which come from:
<http://sourceforge.net/projects/ocr-a-font>
and
<http://ansuz.sooke.bc.ca/fonts.php>

> The new jabcode (color barcode) from Germany's Fraunhofer Institute
> is pretty cool

Oh, nice. My bank uses something similar (you get a device with a camera
you point at your webbrowser screen), but this is an open standard,
that's much better.

Cheers,

Peter.