Your Thoughts

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Mon Jul 1 00:57:11 CEST 2019

> Does anyone know what PGP’s peak adoption rate was?

We're living in it.  OpenPGP is used on a scale the protocol designers
never dreamed, mostly for verifying operating system packages.

Peak _email_ adoption rate?  It's never been any kind of serious player
in that space.  I've seen it used productively in nonpermissive
environments where other tools simply could not suffice.  I do not
recommend it as a casual tool: but when nothing else will do, well...
nothing else will do.