Your Thoughts

Andrew Gallagher andrewg at andrewg.com
Mon Jul 1 01:53:41 CEST 2019

> On 1 Jul 2019, at 00:36, Robert J. Hansen <rjh at sixdemonbag.org> wrote:
>
> Would this be painful?  Sure.  But it doesn't involve throwing out
> the OpenPGP spec, just overhauling how we implement it and the
> supporting software ecosystem.  That would be *hard*, don't get me
> wrong, and I am *in no way* saying this would be easy.

Is it worth drawing up a work program for the ecosystem, some sort of priority list of what needs fixed, how urgent each is, and what dependencies there are between different components? For example, say we want to make it possible to work without any IDs. How many things need changed? How urgent is it compared to, say, getting Hagrid up to spec as an sks replacement? Where should we concentrate our efforts?

This list will be long.