New keyserver at keys.openpgp.org - what's your take?

Wiktor Kwapisiewicz wiktor at metacode.biz
Tue Jul 2 11:56:39 CEST 2019

On 01.07.2019 14:36, Andrew Gallagher wrote:
> OpenPGP already has the "keyserver" field which is rarely used. It is
> supposedly a hint to clients to tell them to prefer a particular
> keyserver, but it could also be used as a hint to the keyservers
> themselves, to tell them where the master copy of any public key can be
> sourced.

This sounds like a really good idea.

This way only one place would have to be updated by the user and
keyservers would automatically refresh key data themselves.

I did suggest something like that but using WKD for Hagrid:

https://gitlab.com/hagrid-keyserver/hagrid/issues/55#note_181162712

but your suggestion Andrew is more generic (key can be put on any HTTP
host anywhere).

Kind regards,
Wiktor

--